Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Post #2

I have continued to read The Iliad for this week's post, and I am still enjoying it. There is a lot of action so far in the book, and I enjoy it, but it is beginning to become repetitive. There is basically constant killing, and a lot of it is pointless, and could have been substituted for something that would add more to the plot, or more additions to the actual story and not just the war part. I think that the validity of the story could be greatly increased if there was more substance added, and less blood, gore, and stabbing. In the second chapter, more intervention of the Gods happens, and this time it is Zeus. He talks to Agamemnon in his dream, which misleads him in his goals, changing the Greek army and their strength. So far I like the book.

No comments: