Sunday, October 19, 2008

Post #6 (LATE BECAUSE OUT OF TOWN)

I have now finished Night. I think that it was a fantastic book, because it was an extremely detailed story of Elie's survival at Auschwitz. But with all of the attentiveness to detail, comes a lot of depressing moments in the book. One of the saddest parts of the whole book is when his father and him are being separated into male and female lines, and does not know at the time that that is the last time he will ever see his mother and sister Tzipora again. Another part of the book that depressed me was the fact that Elie was only fifteen years old. I tried to imagine myself in that situation, and I couldn't, because it is just so horrific. If I was separated from my family, realizing that that was the last time I would see them, I would be so distraught. Overall, this is an excellent novel, and I recommend it to everyone.

1 comment:

Tenzin said...

Wow...
sounds like a touching book...
what is this about?
the Holocaust?